I want to be an automotive technician, and I'm a
- After-School Activities
- Sign up for after-school activities focusing on technology, computer diagnostics, cars or hands-on learning
- Class Selection
- Focus on getting good grades in math and reading, and choose electives such as computer science or shop class
- Dealership Shadowing
- Many dealerships will allow middle school students to shadow technicians for a day—reach out to your local dealers!
- For-Profit School
- Earn your certification as an automotive technician quickly - it typically takes around a year to complete! Start your career quicker and boost your earnings earlier.
- Manufacturer Programs
- Start earning your while you’re still in high school. Work in a brand-specific program and make money right after graduation!
- Community Colleges
- Complete your degree in two years for a lower cost. Earn money faster than your peers and gain job experience sooner.
Drive your future
Prepare for the journey ahead—test the career today.Find a Program